Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Reunite

So, this year is my 10 year class reunion. Ha! I have mixed feelings about going- I mostly wish that I could go tucked inside someone's (large) purse so I could just see people but not be seen. Would you go to your reunion? Did you go to your reunion, oh small number of people that are older than me?

I kind of wish that I was pregnant- just so I'd have an excuse for looking not so great. What other things could I do to trick people into thinking that I look better than I did in highschool, besides lose 30 pounds?

4 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, I need details about your high school reunion because I am debating on whether I should go to mine. Because I agree I would want to be in someone's pocket and just see everyone. What will most likely happen? I will sit at a table with my friend Blake and his wife and some other people and talk about all the people wandering around and trying to remember who everyone is. I need details stat.

Madelyn said...

I would love to go to my hs reunion, the Michigan high school, not the Texas one. You definitely should buy a new outfit in which you look smashing and if the timing works out, get your hair cut and styled the day of. Hairstylists always make our hair look more fabulous than we ever could. How's that for superficial? =)

Jeannie said...

Oooh, Madelyn is right on about the haircut/styling on the day of. That's what I did for mine. You HAVE to go to yours! I loved seeing people in all stages of life: married, single (the majority), 3 kids, divorced already... People that I expected to be snobby were finally in touch with reality. Others were still stuck in high school mentality and didn't talk to anyone but the other "trendies." I'm so glad that I could see how far I've come and also see how others have changed for the better. It won't be dull, that's for sure!

o charm said...

go go go! i felt the same way as you, i just wanted to be there as a fly on the wall. i didn't know if any of my friends were going. . . i had looked forward to it for 10 years (there was no 5 year reunion), and when it finally came, it was a matter of paying for a plane ticket to go, and i opted not to spend the cash. i later totally regretted it. everyone went, everyone said how fun it was, and there will never be another 10 year reunion again.