Monday, April 14, 2008

Teenagers or Toddlers?

Camille's new favorite thing to say is, "No! I never will!!!" Last night she wouldn't eat her dinner. "No! I never will!!!" Today she wouldn't come put her clothes on, get in the wagon to go to the store, eat her beans, have her diaper changed... "No! I never will!!!"

It was driving me crazy for a while, as I racked my brains trying to think of what terribly ill-behaved person she could have come in contact with to concoct such a defiant statement. Then I remembered this book:

We don't own the actual "leap pad" system, but have this book for some reason. I don't really know how it functions as a teaching tool, but the books seem to be randomly generated- all sorts of words that are just there because they're 3 letter words.

It's a story about a little boy frog who is sad because his parents left him to go on a date. His grandpa frog and brother and sister frog try to entertain him and get him to eat everything in the fridge, but to no avail. "No! I NEVER will!"

3 comments:

Brook said...

Don't ever let your kids watch "The Emperor's New Groove". I asked Caleb a question the other day, and his response was "don't know, don't care."

Nice.

Kerolann said...

That is pretty funny. I wish that books like that would come up with a solution to the problem they create--a rhyming response that somehow wins them over, or something. We have had to take a break from construction shows/books, because Henry was turning every snack into a construction zone and never eating anything, just demolishing it or somehow building a road with it.

El-Heato said...

1. Having read that book to my nieces (your children), I would have to say that I was not very impressed with that book. I remember agreeing that it seemed pretty random.

2. I am angry that my brother's ID is "heatons." He stole it and should give it back.