Everyone's gone except for the girls asleep in their rooms. We had a good weekend with the girl's 2nd birthday party, and it was fun to have all of our friends and family. Now our home is empty and I am sad.
It makes me think about after I had the girls. We had help from Paul's mom and my sister and my mom for several weeks and then they finally all left. It was pretty devastating. Of course, you can blame the devastation on the crazy post-birth hormones, and the after-effects of surgery, and the lack of sleep. But, it's mostly just hard to buck up and be an adult after you have been taken such good care of.
I'm not so devastated now- I can handle these crazy toddlers a lot better than my crazy newborns. But, it was nice being taken care of. And it's a little lonely at the top.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to that. And I only have one kid! (for now...) I miss the days when I wasn't in charge. And the days when you guys were in Chicago! *sigh* Loves, Sarah
Post a Comment