The new year is upon us and it's easy for me to get that September-y feeling. You know- a fresh start. The problem with me and new years- school or otherwise, is that my best efforts always seem to be failures. Good thing that I'm not a student anymore, because there is less for me to fail at! Or the stakes are different, or something. I used to start every school year with the intention to get all A's, and study every night. Go to bed early. Stuff like that. At least I made it through school and have diplomas and stuff.
But, new years are a little different, and the goals get different as a mom and homemaker. I'd like to be able to resolve to keep the house clean, to play better with the kids, to communicate better with my spouse. To read the scriptures more and serve people more willingly. To get the dishes done, spend less money, and not mind driving 2 hours there and back to visit my parents more often. I'd like to be more cheerful as I go about my tasks- like 5 costly loads of laundry each week, and running the errands while walking with 2 whiny children in tow (Clark is much less whiny than the 4-year-olds, although he is too young to be bribed with candy). There's more, and I don't want to bore you, so I won't go on with my motherly tasks. I'm sure you have many of the same challenges.
I hereby resolve to be more thankful for what I've got, and to look on the sunny side. I should also resolve not to write this post while in a state of angst, but there's no stopping me now! Resolved: To love my husband better and to happily overlook all of his "faults". Resolved: To teach my children to pick up better and be an example of this. Resolved: To waste time less and spend free time in a more pleasurable manner- learn to enjoy the company of toddlers/babies more. Resolved: To waste less- resources and money. Resolved: To count the many blessings heaped upon me by a loving Father in Heaven.
Resolved: To not feel like a failure. What a blessing to be living here with these great people whom I love.
Wishing you all the best for 2010. Let's make it a good one!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love all of your "resolves". They are excellent examples for me. But, the truth be known, you are pretty wonderful just as you are.
Love this post and you. Thanks for the inspiration.
I was just making mine and it is amazing how they match yours. I love you and your resolutions!
I love you Saysh!
Post a Comment