While in Hong Kong, we went to Hong Kong Disneyland. It's like regular Disneyland, but smaller, not as many rides, and no lines. Or maybe 10 minute lines. It's the perfect Disney park for 4 year olds. Here are some pictures of our trip- backwards, it seems.
In front of the castle at night. We walked out to Main Street after seeing the Lion King show, and it was very weird. It had gotten dark since we went in, and basically EVERYONE in the park was on Main Street enjoying the "snow" and taking pictures of the lights. I have never seen so many people taking pictures at the same time. It was so disorienting at first that I thought that something must have happened. A celebrity sighting? Someone falling off the castle? Nope, just the magic of the Christmas decor.
There is no Tom Sawyer's island- it's Tarzan's tree house on an island. And the Jungle cruise is built in here, and it has fire- much cooler than normal Disney.
It's a Small World
Note: All of the rides here go in the opposite direction of in regular Disneyland. I don't know why. So you can tell from your pictures which park you're in?
View from Dumbo
Of course, the girls' favorite part was meeting Cinderella. And when we didn't meet Belle, they almost had a fit. Happily, they got to see all of the princesses in the parade.
In front of the smaller castle. "Why aren't the princesses inside, ma?"
Main Street. It's so much the same that when I needed to feed the baby, I went to the end of Main Street and said, "if I were in the US and needed to feed the baby, I would go to the baby care center right here..." and there it was. If you've never been in the baby center, you totally should. Curtained nursing rooms, (actually, I've never been in there in the US, so I don't know if it's the same here) a kitchen to heat up baby food, changing areas. It's pretty awesome. The weird thing that happened when I was nursing Clark was that the person in the curtained stall next to me let off the loudest burps I have ever heard in my life. Louder than Barney on the Simpson's. Like a whale. It was startling, to say the least. I wonder if it was a baby, or an adult, or even a human...?
The entrance
Walking to the park from the train
Nearing the entrance
The special Disney line train of the metro
The inside of the train has plush seats and little figurines and memorabilia.
Tea cups
More Cinderella
In front of the Mickey Flowers- red for communist?
We took about 5 trains to get there- it took a long time, so we were happy at the end of the day to take a cab home. Even though it cost more than our metro ride there, it was worth $30 to not have to navigate our way home at the end of a long day. If only it were that easy here!
This isn't at Disneyland, but I accidentally put it on and can't figure out how to move it off. We got to visit with Lisa's sister Grace and her daughter Katina, who live in Hong Kong. Camille became best friends with Katina. It was pretty adorable.
The End
1 comment:
i like your blue tights.
Post a Comment