Peel, cube, and salt an eggplant. The normal kind.
Squeeze out the moisture and saute in 2 Tb oil.
When it begins to brown add 1/2 of a chopped up onion
When those things are soft add a chopped up clove of garlic and a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.
After a few minutes, add a teaspoon of tasty curry powder
Then add a quart of whole canned tomatoes- crushing each in your hands as you go (so satisfying to crush- you'll see.)
Then simmer until it's all saucy and tasty. And eat on top of rice with a little spoon of whole-fat yogurt.
I may eat it all tonight.
2 comments:
Things that will not surprise you; 1. this looks delicious
2. we will eat it this Friday
3. I have the sweet curry powder from Penzeys and it's not very good
4. I am not as excited as you are about crushing tomatoes with my hands - but I'm trying to keep an open mind
Why does your blog make me so hungry?
Post a Comment