While in Hong Kong we visited pot and pan street (not its real name)- a row of kitchenware shops for restaurants and civilians alike. There are rows of pans of every shape- cookie cutters with Chinese characters, woks bigger than your kitchen table, and cleavers of every size.
Everything was super cheap, and I could have done major damage if there had been room in my luggage.
My favorite new acquisition is this loaf pan- it makes a pullman loaf, which is a square loaf without the rounded dome on top. Since the top is covered, the bread can't rise as high, so it creates a denser loaf which is perfect for sandwiches or canapes. What is a canape? I've never made one, but I'm going to start now. These little perfect square slices delight me to no end.
Hong Kong is all about pullman loaves (as well as selling bread in packs of 6 slices) which is something that I feel that we Americans should all adopt.
And yes, I know I'm a dweeb.
7 comments:
You are not a dweeb. I'm drooling over your new loaf pan. If I ever go to Hong Kong I NEED one of those. That's so awesome!
Both you and the loaf pan are cool. And I sure wish I lived close enough to enjoy a piece of your square bread.
You're not a dweeb, you're a square.
a square dweeb
ps. that store looks like a dream, except with my kids and their need to touch everything it would be a nightmare. Grace and Camille are lucky they got to go in with you.
VERY COOL! I am trying not to be jealous, but it's hard, especially since I've been craving the carbs during my post-baby diet!
The square "dweeb" bread is delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment