For about the past month we've been "potty training". This means that we have been wearing pullups except when we're at home, except when they're asleep.
I've finally decided to make the girls wear underpants (or unders, as we like to say) all the time except nap time. I figured that a few accidents would rid them of their fear of "big" potties. At home they usually use those little ones. We started using those so they could both sit on the potty at the same time. I regret it a lot, since the fear factor for the big potties is quite high, and I now cart around a "cushy seat"- one of those little seats that fits on a normal toilet seat. The cushy seat is not as good as a little potty- to them. So, today we had a total of 5 accidents. Some while we were out, some while we were at home. Today was a "holding it" day, which is kind of nice to know that they can do- hold it for about 4 hours, but not so great when the being out factor makes them lose it.
So, it gets better, right? And I'm doing the right thing by not letting them wear pullups out anymore? I must say that this is more stressful to me than sleep training. Or maybe the same stressful.
Blah.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm not so worried about them, make sure this isn't too stressful for you.
AW! They'll get better...they won't like having the pee run down their legs all the time! What kind of reward system are you using?
Post a Comment