In my last potty training post someone asked what my incentive system is. Our system is multi-tiered- designed to be foolproof. Ha ha.
Everytime someone goes potty, they get four jellybeans and a sticker on the potty chart. The potty chart has randomly interspersed prizes, like going to get icecream, or going on the carousel, or getting to buy a new book at the bookstore. Lately we have been giving the girls a prize at the end of each day that they have worn underpants all day.
Although the day is not done yet, today has been slightly better than yesterday. Neither girl is great at peeing on demand (like if I tell them to sit on the potty for a while) and both girls are easily distracted around friends and don't want to take the time (or forget) to tell me. So, we're working on it. Like my friend and some random guy at the park told me, this will soon be what they do- like everyone else. But, I can't help feeling like we've been at it for too long, and that bathrooms are the main focus of my day.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They'll get there. I was a big believer in incentives. A nice trip to the second hand store yielded a bag FULL of little toys for 2 bucks. It's been almost a year for Ren now and I think it's FINALLY ingrained in his lifestyle. Whatever you do-- no matter how maddeningly frustrating it is to do laundry soaked in pee (x2 for you!)-- don't go back to the pull ups. You're in for the long haul, baby! Don't give up! You can do it! [Insert other phrases of encouragement here.]
Do you remember when we went to the thrift store and I got tons of books and toys so henry could choose something from the basket each day he didn't have an accident? I miss those monday nights.
Anyways, potty training isn't fun but it doesn't last forever. And I agree with Jeannie, don't go back to the pullups. I am sure you are most of the way there.
I am saying this, dreading the fact that I should be starting to potty train oliver but I just don't have the energy.
Post a Comment