Friday, January 2, 2009

Art Lover

Guys! We're in San Francisco and we passed a gallery that is selling actual Chagalls! Can I buy one? Please?!?

Update: We went in the gallery, and being the fancy pantses that we are actually got a white-gloved tour of some of the stuff that they didn't have on display. They tried to convince us that we could afford to spend $25,000 on an unsigned lithograph- they even have a payment plan! Although, I would love love love this- I guess our dreams of a future home come first. Or college for the kids. Or, you know, food. But wouldn't it be cool to have this hanging in our dowdy apartment?

We also liked this one, although it is a signed oil, and being offered at $650,000.

5 comments:

marymommy said...

Yes! (I think I have a birthday coming up...)

Anonymous said...

Sarah??? THE Sarah! Friend? So, I hope you can remember your friend Denae in Chicago. Random, random, but I came across your blog & I am so excited to see your cute girls! They're so old! Really has it been that long??? And congratulations on number 3!
Oh & college & future homes are overrated.

Kerolann said...

Were your girls with you on the tour? That is amazing. WE have a hard time with the boys at the hardware store or my new favorite grocery store, Sprouts, where they have lots of bulk bins. I am sure imagining the art on your wall is fun too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are so excited too! Really, long lost friends should just never get lost.
Remember my friend Emily that was in your Hyde Park ward??? Well, as I was on her blog the other day, you popped into my mind & I thought, "they probably have mutual Chicago blogging friends" & low & behold the first friend I checked had THE Sarah Heaten! So from here on out we just continue to sparatically keep in touch, right?

o charm said...

oooh, aaaah, i love chagall.
his stained glass cathedral work is especially amazing. good taste, sarah