I am by no means a running junkie now- I don't even really like doing it all that much, but I am so excited that my body is able to do it. I've lost a lot of weight, so that helps. Walking during the week with friends the past few months has also helped. The phrase that often comes to my mind is from the Word of Wisdom: "And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint." Anyway, I just feel blessed that my body, which felt a little hopeless after giving birth just over a year ago can now feel so hopeful. I'm able to have the energy to take care of my family and run on the side. And feel good about it. It's just a great feeling. If you've tried running before and it hasn't worked for you, I encourage you to try it again. Run as slowly as humanly possible until you can't go any more, then walk until you can go some more, then try running a little longer. You'll be surprised at what you can do.
Maureen, I can't believe that these are the only pictures I have of your trip. I had so much fun with you, and I'm so glad that we're friends. Congrats on knocking a full minute off your time today- I can't believe all that you do!
5 comments:
Love the shirt.
I don't know... running might not be for everyone.
you look great--even after just having run 5k.
AWESOME!!! You are awesome!!!
it's not for me!!!!
Post a Comment