
Our nice friends let us borrow their mini tv. Combined with our laptop, the girls could be entertained at the same time. But, all of the kids are actually really great travellers (so far), and were happy almost the whole time.

We got to visit grandma Berle- So nice to see her, she's a sweet lady.

Camille and I after tubing down the hill in Soldier Hollow

One of the last days of the season- we were happy to see snow, no matter how little.

Uncle Sean tried to steal a moose but was foiled by Clark.

Grace refused to do snow- putting on the boots just made her mad, so Camille and I did the snow by ourselves. She loved tubing (after the first time), and making snow angels. And throwing gentle snowballs. It was a fun time.

Taking the lift up the mountain

The most memorable part of our visit- going to Chuck E. Cheese.

Going for a ride- Grace fears for her life

Reading a DI-acquired book together in our hotel room

Picnic at the park

At Temple Square

Our other great friends lent us their kids' winter wear, which was a great help. 40 feels cold to us!

Walking along the Provo River Trail. I never did this when I lived here, presumably because I was too cool.

We bought our first-ever single stroller for our trip. Yeehaw!
Provo continues to draw us back, thanks to our sweet siblings being there. It was nice going there with Paul this time. We went to a ballet at the Wilk, followed by dinner at the Bombay House, home of our first date. It's nice to still be in love.
My sister lives across from the house that I lived in in the bitterest sweetest summer of my life. Passing it and thinking of losing a best friend, gaining a best friend, having the most free fun ever, and meeting my true love all in this one little place was still bittersweet. But mostly sweet. I like how life is now, and these things helped me get there, although if I could go back in time, I'd tell BYU Sarah to shape up a little and that lots of the things that seemed important aren't. Maybe this talk I could give to the current Sarah too.
2 comments:
I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling baby!
Your last little bit about Provo and bittersweet memories made me all nostalgic too. And the advice your now Sarah gave to your BYU Sarah sure is good for this now Sarah (and probably would have been good for this BYU Sarah too). Figure that sentence out ...
Post a Comment