Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spilling the Beans on the Bun in the Oven

Well, the word is out-- I am pregnant- just getting done with the 1st trimester. Our baby (only one this time, I'm afraid) is due on April 12. The girls are really excited about having a new baby brother or sister and ask daily when the baby is coming. We tell them it's after Halloween, and their birthdays, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and my birthday, and daddy's birthday, and Valentine's day, and Easter.... That's a lot of days, but they're patient and very solicitous for my well-being and the baby's too. If Camille smashes my belly, Grace says, "Camille, you're going to make the baby come out!" Yesterday Camille wanted to know when her baby was coming, I ran through the list of holidays, and she said, "yes, I know. When is Grace's baby coming?" When I told her there was only one baby and that she and Grace would have to share she was a little disappointed. They like to see pictures of how big the baby should be, and they like to recommend oatmeal whenever I am sick (which is all the time). We're excited about the addition to our family!

10 comments:

Kerolann said...

I am so happy for all of you--even if you all have the share the baby. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Andrea J said...

Another Heaton in the world! Hip Hip Hooray!

Brook said...

Holy shmoly. You guys [continue] to make us look bad.

Krause Crew said...

Congratulations. How exciting for your family.

acandiedapple said...

Yay! That's great! Congrats!

o charm said...

oh wow, congratulations!!! you are champion and i love the stories about the girls' reactions and conversations. so so cute.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! That is really fun. I hope you are starting to feel a little better - when did the sickness ease up with the twins? Do you have the aversion to Chinese food like last time? Details! I need details! Ack - I need to call you ...

Katie said...

Congratulations! So exciting.

Celeste Christensen said...

How exciting!

Hiedi said...

Good work guys. Camille and Grace will be soooooooo helpful! Mavis loves to try to help Jack, but it sure is a challenge keeping him safe with all of that help! Congratulations. :)