First they brought me breakfast in bed- they carried the plate in together, but then we went down together because they were too sad to eat breakfast without me- even though Paul is awfully fun. Then we went to Hemet to visit with my family and went to church with them. Grace went up with the all of the primary kids to sing a song to all the moms. You could just see her little head over the top of the stand, and when she finally spotted us in the audience, yelled, "Hi mom! Hi dad!" Classic. We had a really nice visit with them- all of my siblings came home eventually and it was nice to hang out with everyone and have lots of energetic people to amuse my children. When it was almost time to come home the girls got out their little chairs and started playing "story time". They said, "it's story time everybody!" Then Camille told this long story about a the dog that she was holding and how it went to go visit Camille, who was a grown-up, and later went to visit Grace, who was a woman with brown hair. Then Grace told her story about her white cat who went to grandma's house to visit. (I don't really remember the end of Grace's story. It is late and I am tired. People who were there- feel free to correct me.) That story time was pretty much the funniest and most endearing thing I've seen the girls do in quite a while. It's a new game that they play, and often when we are in the car they do it at the same time. When they're talking at once it's hard for me to listen to just one of the stories, so I had no idea that they could tell such complicated and intriguing tales, but now I know that we have two talented future writers in our midst.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers and future mothers and people who appreciate mothers out there. I respect what you do.
3 years of mother's days- my how the time does fly!
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Sarah! You are one of the best mothers I know--and "story time" is proof of that. love you!
I took a poll, and we all agree that "storytime" was the best time of the day! Thanks for sharing your family with us!
Post a Comment