14. I'm thankful for my new Macy's gift card. Finally, I can shop without (much) guilt.
15. I'm thankful for my funny family on Christmas day. Grace getting worried when I said that we should see if Santa came. Although she liked his present, the physical presence of Santa is not very appealing to her.
16. I'm thankful for someone else doing the big meal cooking- although maybe I should help Paul's mom more.
17. I'm thankful for nap time- we're blessed to have kids that sleep for 3 hour naps. Sweet!
18. I'm thankful for not getting the flu (yet- knock on a whole forest) this Christmas, as we all did last year.
19. I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for his example of love and peace and forgiveness, and doing God's will.
20. I'm thankful for Christ's atonement. I don't understand it all, but I'm trying to, and the sheer magnitude overwhelms me.
21. I'm thankful for traditions- for whatever weird stability and fun they bring to my life.
22. I'm thankful for trees- Virginia has lots of 'em.
23. I'm thankful that I don't and didn't have to go to any big sales for Christmas- or after. Those sales and crowded stores in general drive me nuts.
24. I'm thankful for Christmas!
25. I'm thankful for peace- may we all strive to have more of it this year in our homes and in the world.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! You travelled all the way across the country for Christmas? How exciting. Bet you had to buy the girls a whole new winter wardrobe. Macy's! How fancy!
Yeah, a gift card is also at the top of my thankful list. :) Your girls are so cute. When we have kids I'm going to send them to your house until they pick up the three hour nap thing. Thats fantastic.
Post a Comment