Saturday, December 15, 2007

Memo

10. I'm thankful for my great-grandma Memo.
Here she is with my my Great-Grandpa Paul, and my Grandma Irene and my Grandpa Jim.

Memo was a really wonderful grandma. She really cared about everyone- especially her kids and grandkids and great-grandkids and great-great-grandkids. She was great at making food- especially scalding hot hot chocolate. She had a few secret recipes that she would give people the recipe for- but they never turned out. We don't know if she purposely sabotaged them, or if she just had a special knack for making things. Probably both are true- she was pretty feisty.

Memo just passed away on Friday. She turned 97 a week before that. I really love her and am sad that she's gone. And happy. For the reasons that I should be happy- she gets to be with her family. And not feel pain. And get to be in Heaven.

I love you Memo.
Here she is in the green sweater.

Here she is on the left with the big huge bow on her head.

Us visiting last year.
Just for good measure, here is a picture, of Memo's dad, Harry. He's the one sitting. What a bad a__!

2 comments:

Madelyn said...

ohhhh what a sweet post. I can't believe you have all those pictures! My mom is hoarding all the ancestor pictures! Was her name really Memo or did it stand for something? I got to get baptized for both my great grandmas. =)

happyfamily said...

Her name was Muriel. I don't know why we called her Memo (ME MOH) but everyone called her that or Mema. I think that Mema (ME MAH) is a common thing to call your grandma if you're an okie.