Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm an Idiot

The title for my blog- which is so dang original and all- was supposed to be taken from this Ramone's song called "We're a Happy Family." I guess I never really knew the lyrics- but all the time I had the chorus running in my head, which says:
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
Me mom and daddy

No problem there. Then I looked up the lyrics- I mean, I didn't want to misrepresent!

We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
Me mom and daddy

Siting here in Queens
Eating refried beans
We're in all the magazines
Gulpin' down thorazines

We ain't got no friends
Our troubles never end
No Christmas cards to send
Daddy likes men

Daddy's telling lies
Baby's eating flies
Mommy's on pills
Baby's got the chills

I'm friends with the President
I'm friends with the Pope
We're all making a fortune
Selling Daddy's dope

I think that about sums it up for us.

4 comments:

Madelyn said...

wow Sarah. That's some talent! I just assumed the title was based off of the Primary song that ends, "We are a happy family."

kerith.is.disaster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happyfamily said...

Yes, Madelyn, that would be the clean version of the title. One would think that with my endless calling as primary pianist that that would have been the first thing to come to mind...

Jeff said...

Wow! Sarah I was very surprised to see you login to my comments. As soon as I saw your name I thought of Pancakes and conference. I hope your little family is doing well. I'll brag to the pals we have been in contact.