I've always been inspired by the back to school feasts on the nie nie dialogues (check out her post from August 23, 2011 I can't make it link right for some reason). So I copied her. We had a nice dinner (breakfast for dinner) honoring the girls and talking about our family theme for the year. Then Paul gave them a father's blessing. What a blessing to have a blessing!
Our family theme
Clark is afraid of the flash
As an aside, the girls and I completed our goal of getting through the hooked on phonics program by the end of summer. Here they are holding their favorite books. I'm happy to have them on their way to reading. And I'm solid in my knowledge that I am no more patient a reading tutor now than I was during my first job at the tender age of 12. The girls across the street that I tutored was so trying that I smashed a piece of watermelon in her face. She got me back. I guess I've gotten a tad more patient- no fruit was harmed in the process of teaching my darling girls. I'm so proud of them.
2 comments:
I love your little celebration! Even more, I love the image of you smashing watermelon in someone's face:) Yay School!
i love that idea from nienie too.
Post a Comment