Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ode to a Mother

Here are some things that I did today because my mother taught me how:

1. I cooked dinner from scratch.
2. I wore clothes that I sewed myself.
3. I read to my kids before I tucked them in.
4. I sang with my kids
5. I prayed
6. I lectured my kids about cleaning their rooms and made them pick up the downstairs.
7. I made food my husband would like.
8. I cleaned the kitchen
9. I played the piano at church (she doesn't play the piano, but she did make my piano teacher teach me how to play hymns).
10. I made a picnic for my family.
11. I talked to my mom on the phone.
12. I curled my hair.
13. I let my kids cook with me.
14. I was happy.

I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

marymommy said...

I love you too, my darling daughter! Thanks for all that you have taught me too! ( I don't dare start a list, I have to work tomorrow and I would be up all night making it!)

o charm said...

i love this sweet tribute!