Monday, May 10, 2010

Imprinting

The most recent time Sarah and I went to the temple, we noticed that a family of ducks had taken up residence in the reflecting pool in front of the main entrance. It was fun to watch the tiny little ducklings follow their mother around as she swam about the pool, imitating her every move. It was a useful reminder of how important our example as parents are for our children, and how much who they become depends on who we are today.

Yesterday it was nice to come downstairs and see both of the girls working on making a stromboli with their mother, and not just because I love stromboli! The girls had pushed up chairs next to the kitchen counter so that they could stand up high enough to reach. They get so enthusiastic about doing things that they know their mother likes. I am glad that my children have such a wonderful example to follow, and I hope that they turn out just like their mom.

3 comments:

happyfamily said...

You are sweet. I love you.

q-bella said...

What a sweet family moment. Thanks for sharing.

kerith.is.disaster said...

oh paul! that was truly super sweet and made me happy and warm to read and think about. sometimes i hope i turn out like their mother too.