Someone stronger willed than I am to listen to my baby cry through the night so that I can peacefully sleep somewhere else.
With the girls I was desperate for sleep- I was waking up about 9 times a night feeding them separately so that they would develop their own sleep schedule instead of me waking the other up so I could feed them at the same time. By 7 months they were sleeping from about 6pm to 6am. Clark still wakes up once or twice at night and is days away from turning 11 months. It's too old, and I really am tired, but I have lost my will to hear him cry. And there's always a good reason not too- teething, being sick, going to have visitors, travelling. Once this current bout of sickness is done, I think that we'll just have to do it... or maybe after a trip we're planning in a few weeks... or maybe when he's 12.
Will someone else just be the one to listen to him cry? Anyone? Anyone?!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I will! I will! I just sleep trained E. last weekend at my parents. It was nice to have thick walls and over 700 square feet between my bed and her crib. And...it worked! She still wakes up, but just cries for 15 mins and goes back to bed. You can do it! I will be your cheerleader!!
Oh man! Good luck Mama, I'll listen to him cry any time you want.
I have to admit I got softer and softer with my kids. I never really did it with Addie, but now she is my best sleeper. Good luck--it isn't fun getting up in the night or listening to babies cry.
Ship him over and we'll watch him, or rather, listen to him cry from the other side of our half apartment.
But Clark will have to share the corner with Lucy. Not to mention how she gets grumpy if she doesn't get her sleep so she'll have little tolerance for non sleepy babies who have to eat in the middle of the night.
Good luck! Maybe we should all go to Natalie's parents house. Space really does help.
Post a Comment