Thursday, March 4, 2010

That's Just Sick

When Paul took off for work this morning and glibly announced that he wouldn't be home until late because he would either have a meeting to go to or dinner with the world's most famous development economist, I wish that I had felt happy for him and happy in general. I mean, he's earning the money for our family to survive, serving others through our church, and possibly eating dinner with a group of brainy economists. But, instead I felt mad. Because I have been trapped in the house with 3 sick kids for 6 days and I'm going a little crazy.

Isn't it funny how we feel like each other's roles are so exotic and better than what we get each day? I used to work, and it was okay, but I wouldn't trade it for what I do now. And, Paul got a taste of being at home all day with the sickies on Saturday while he watched the kids for 3 hours. I called him in the middle of it and he said it was "so boring".

But I still wouldn't mind a day away from the sickies.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Do you want me to bring you a Pitfire pizza?

Kerolann said...

Sick kids is the worst. If Paul thought it was "boring", I bet he wasn't trying to do the laundry, wash the dishes, make a meal, or clean the house while he was watching the kids. Tell him to add in some extra activities next time!

Rachel and Vico said...

i like the word "sickies" because it makes me think of baby chickens huddling under their mother's wing :)