Friday, October 2, 2009

Eats

Paul had a business trip recently in central Illinois. Although he flew in to Chicago, he was only in the O'Hare part of Chicago- or Chicago's suburbs- and didn't get to visit any of our old haunts. This made me feel a little better about getting left behind. To sweeten (salt?) the deal, Paul brought me back one of my favorite Chicago treats- Garrett's Popcorn. Ahh, Garrett's with your cheesy goodness, better than any other cheese corn could possibly be- how I love you. I don't know if it's worth ordering- as it's best hot off the presses (sorry Emily J., I forgot to tell you about it), but if you ever go, get it, or the cheese and caramel mix, and you will be as happy as a clam. I thank you, Paul, and my baby weight thanks you.

Paul is awesome at bringing me back the regional treats that I crave- thank goodness he gets to travel so much! Ah ha ha ha! Cannoli from Mike's Pastry in Boston, Garrett's, and coming soon, crabs from Maryland? What a loving husband.

4 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

We flew into Midway. I heard about the popcorn from someone else and cried bitter tears. There may be a return trip in Feb, so I'll keep it in mind!

Jeannie said...

Lucky! I never did try the cheese AND caramel mix. Sounds odd, but hey, why not.

Bill & Lisa said...

Just wait until you get to Hong Kong, where one of the best daan taat (custard tarts) bakeries is just acorss the street from our house.

Rachel and Vico said...

I love that corn!!!!!!!!!!