Both of my girls are getting to be more "four". You know- demanding things and having tantrums when they don't get their way. It's different than "three" and different than "two" and different than "babyhood", that's for sure. Presently Camille is growl-screaming because I won't put her blanket on because she won't say please. Camille is very much like me, which in the nice ways is nice and in the bad ways is bad. When I talked with my mom about all of her recent outbursts at the doctor, before our walk today, about every issue imaginable, ("I don't like quesadillas! I don't like this kind of cheese! This tortilla is yucky!!!" "That's MY rock! It's MIIIIIIINNNNNNE!" "I want to wear THESE shoes!") she told me that I was exactly like that as a child.
I just apologized to Paul for passing the tantrum genes down to my children.
Although! my tantrums as an adult are few and far between. Let's hear it for 20 more years of angst!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sarah, there was only one of you to deal with AND you were mostly wonderful, sweet and fun - but - when you did have a tantrum you did it really well!
Wow Sarah, I can't believe the girls are 4! How does that happen? Been a while since we have seen you, I guess it makes it easy to lose track of time. Along those same lines, Mia turned 13 a few weeks ago, officially a teenager, and it was weird to think she is getting so grown up. Just thought I would say, thinking of you. Hope all is well for the whole Heaton clan. xx, Sarah
Tantrums are not the funnest part of being a mom. Just wait til they turn 5 and add a lot of anger and punching and kicking to the tantrums. :)
the idea of you tantruming makes me miss you all the more...and today i'm thinking about potbelly's big fat ice cream sandwiches - you taught me those, remember??
I wonder what the growl scream sounds like :) Is it like a panda bear or is it like a hyena? I think they both sound scary and I wouldn't want to be caught between the hyena and HER rock. Love ya :)
I agree, when they turn 4 everything changes. That's when I started to tell Sean "You are not a teenager, why are we arguing". ;)
Post a Comment