Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Really Super

Today was a more normal day. For those of you who commented that I was a super mom or something, you should have been reading more in between the lines. Laundry and dishes building up over several days... trapped in the house playing old maid because the baby is taking a nap. Eating lunch at 10:30 because I'm starving all the time.... Please. These are not signs of superness. It was a miracle to actually get all of that laundry done. The point was that the days are long, they start early, and there's a lot to do. Today we didn't leave the house until 3, and that was to go outside to play hopscotch. I just barely halfheartedly straightened the clutter that will be strewn about in about 10 more hours. The sink is filled with dishes. There are 1.5 loads of laundry to do, which will be up to 2 loads in the morning because Grace chose to wear underwear instead of pullups to bed tonight. We made pretzels and cookies for dinner and I didn't exercise today. I walked up the stairs and noticed as I do every day that the railing is extremely dusty, but I still didn't do anything about it. The laundry from yesterday is only half put away. I could go on.

We're happy and healthy, and doing good things, but super we are not.

Unless! Our baby named Clark inspires the populace to thoughts of Clark Kent (except you, Sarah Stevens, and your Gable). Someone told me the other day that it would be so so funny if he turned out to be an accountant. And if he was mild mannered. I'm pretty sure that Clark Kent's job at the major metropolitan newspaper was a reporter, but it could have been accountant. Anyway, possibly riding on Clark's super coattails, possibly I am a super mom. I mean, Superman had to have a Supermom, right?

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

You are making me laugh so hard! And you are pretty super... super AWESOME!

Um, I only have 2 kids and you're describing my day to a tee. Heaven help me when we add more.

Rachel and Vico said...

yea, supermom!

Sarah said...

Clark Kent, Clark Gable - either way, he's going to be a looker! :) (He already is - I loved the 'George Washington' pics!)

Penny B. said...

It's good to hear I'm not the only one running all day! The only break I get these days is going to the gym. The ladies at the check-in desk always comment how great it is that I get to the gym so often (every day when I was 9mths pregnant!). But hey - to have no one ask for something for an hour and a shower on my own - that's worth the run on the treadmill!