In case you aren't aware, Costco is having their annual "save $60 on a set of tires" sale. I took the girls on the first day last week to get our tires, figuring that no one else would come on the actual first day! Ha! The wait was 3 hours, and after 2 hours of wandering aimlessly through Costco, the girls had had enough. We canceled our order and went home.
Today we went back for round 2. Paul ordered our tires online so they were even cheaper and we got there right at 10 when it opened. The wait was only going to be 1 1/2 hours, but I took the girls on the bus to the beach (about 5 minutes away) and we went on the pier in Venice and ate food and played in the water for a little bit. While we were out, Costco called to say that the tires were the wrong size. So, they put our old tires on because the only ones they had in stock were crazy expensive, and now we have to order even MORE tires and go back yet again!
Ah blog, what would I do without you- giving me endless opportunities to air my endless woes.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
happyfamily - I found you! i am tired of tires too, after reading about your troubles. At least there's always book group to make life a little easier.
is this supposed to make me want to go to costco for some tires? hmmmm I'll consider it a fair warning
We got our tires replaced at Costco, too (not such a painful experience, though). Now whenever Warren plays with his cars and they need a tire change (of course) he builds a Costco tire garage out of legos. Maybe the girls will have such fond memories after all.
I had the same problem with the Costco tire sale a few years ago. It is a much longer wait here in LA then in other places I have been. (like UT & AZ)
Post a Comment