Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Opposite of How it Always Is

Today when we were driving, the girls were sitting quietly in the backseat and I asked them if they wanted music or if they wanted quiet. Camille said quiet, so I said, "that'll be nice- we'll have a little peace and quiet!" Camille said, "where is it, Mommy? Where is it?" "The what, Camille?" "The what you just said!" I glanced at her in the rearview mirror and said, "the peace and quiet? It's a feeling, when you feel happy and good and it's not noisy." I hope that she understood me, and I hope that we can have more peaceful happy moments in our lives.

1 comment:

o charm said...

gosh, peace and quiet. that ever elusive. . .
maybe if we start teaching them young what the heck it is they may appreciate it someday too (like, before they are 18).