These pictures are a lot better than any current pictures of us by far!
For Father's Day, my dad asked us to learn "Minnie's Yoo Hoo". If you know my dad, this is funny. If you don't know my dad, this is still funny. My dad loves everything Disney. He is very nostalgic and traditional (meaning that traditions are very important to him). I must have inherited some of this from him- having to have all the right foods every holiday, and certain things done a certain way. That's just how it is!
Here is our (my) rendition of Minnie's yoohoo. Please don't watch it if you're not my dad. It's really not worth it to see me sing off-key and forget the words. And it's long. Oh so long.
My dad is really funny. He loves to do impressions of people, and can't help but imitate people's voices when he is telling about his day. I do that too. Poorly. We used to ride in the back of my grandpa's truck on the 4th of July to the fireworks, and my dad would keep us all entertained as we ate the candy buckets that my grandma had prepared for us.
My dad used to play with me a lot when I was little- we always looked forward to his coming home and rolling us into "human burritos" (actually, I hated being a burrito, but loved seeing my dad). And, we would go on family outings every weekend- which might consist of 5 hours straight at Costco, or all day long at numerous furniture stores, but could also consist of a day in the mountains or at the beach or at Castle Park.
My dad loves little treats and goes through various phases. There was the mixed drink phase, the malted milk phase, and the popcorn phase- to name a few. We have a "snack party" around Christmas, with tons of cheese balls, crackers, baked beans, pickles, olives, cheesecakes and cheesecake balls, I don't know what else. Once during the malt cup phase, my sister got the extra malt cup because she hadn't ordered ice cream on her waffle at breakfast and I had.
We did lots of quirky things with my dad, but the most important thing for him was that we were having fun together as a family.
I love you dad!
5 comments:
Ok, that was funny. Never heard of it before. Now I feel impelled to learn the song myself. I think you've started a movement. Happy Father's Day to Paul!
what's a cheesecake ball? I think it's something I need to know about.
Oh my gosh, you talking about imitating people's conversations in voices totally took me back to 1113 Hinckley Hall Provo, UT 84604!!!
That was so great! The 2nd verse was definitely my favorite. That is the best song. I consider myself a Disney Buff, but your dad has me stumped on that one.
Wow - totally cute haircut!! You have probably had it forever and I just didn't notice, but in the video it looked super short - and super fun! I need to see more pictures! :)
Post a Comment