Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Did you have a good Valentine's Day? Ours was pretty good. Paul watched the girls while I got ready. He told them that there was a Valentine's surprise downstairs waiting for them (it was a little box of chocolates). Grace said, "Mommy downstairs? Mommy valentine?" Cute, right? We got to eat breakfast together with a bunch of Trader Joe's treats that Paul gave me for Valentine's Day. Camille and Grace even got to eat two chocolates!


Then Paul went to work and we went to story time at the library. Then we had a picnic with Paul at the playground. Then Paul went back to work and we had naptime.

Then the girls had chicken quesadillas for dinner and watched Thomas the Tank Engine. Then they went to bed and Paul and I had bleu cheese stuffed bacon-wrapped filet mignon and chicken prosciutto tortellini with asparagus and portabello mushrooms and some sick frites. And chocolate lava cakes with homemade caramel ice-cream and homemade dulce de leche.

Can you tell that I express my love through food? My hips are proof of that!

What did you do?

In other news- can you believe how much Camille and our friend Ms. Cutie Pie look alike when they smile? Perhaps they were triplets separated at birth (the pre-existence?) Does that somehow make Cutie Pie's mom the same as me? I think having the same name is further proof that we are the same person. If I only I had her organizational skills and caring nature.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yum - just the menu of you Valentine's Day meal made my mouth water. You are such a fabulous cook! And yes, we need to reunite these triplets again soon. Autumn misses having sisters around old enough to play with!