Okay you moms I need your advice and I need it now. what did you do to prepare for childbirth? I' m talking classes and methods. and what would you do to prepare and deliver in a perfect scenario? Doula? midwife? more medication? do tell.
I did the Bradley method with both of mine and really liked it. We took classes before Calder was born and from what I can tell all Bradley teachers are nuts. But, if you can look past the crazy it really is a sound and great method. You basically practice relaxing all the muscles in your body. I actually use it every night when I go to bed so I can go to sleep faster. It really works. And it makes labor pretty manageable.
Jason is a fabulous coach and does a good job telling me what to do. If he wasn't so good I would have a doula for sure. I would like to try a midwife the next time around, but I've been able to have the labors I want at a hospital with an MD, so it wouldn't be so bad if we ended up that route again.
I did Hypnobirthing/babies with all of my kids so far. I like it. But what I really learned from the each experience the most was finding a great attending physician/midwife - that makes all the difference. My first (an OB) was great, my second (an OB) was horrible, my third (a midwife) was meh. You need someone who will genuinely listen to what you want, lay out options clearly, and not just do what she's used to doing out of habit instead of letting you be in charge and giving you a choice in how things go.
i'm interested in what others are saying. honestly i haven't even considered anything other than an obgyn... but its worked just fine for me so far so i guess that's why i'm good with sticking with it.
I've had great ob's with both of mine. Warner's birth was AMMAZING and the doc who delivered was seriously an angel. Best experience. I guess I'm with Megan in the fact that I haven't had a reason to look at the midwife route bc I've been satisfied with an ob. Plus, I never had the intent to avoid the epidural at all, and maybe midwives push for things more naturally? Have you had c-sections with the others then?
Well, I guess I missed the boat on this one but, I'd love to hear the birth story and what route you went as far as help goes. I hope it was wonderful!
7 comments:
Midwife. I was really kicking myself in the end for not having gone that route. Sounds like you arent scheduled for a c-section?
I did the Bradley method with both of mine and really liked it. We took classes before Calder was born and from what I can tell all Bradley teachers are nuts. But, if you can look past the crazy it really is a sound and great method. You basically practice relaxing all the muscles in your body. I actually use it every night when I go to bed so I can go to sleep faster. It really works. And it makes labor pretty manageable.
Jason is a fabulous coach and does a good job telling me what to do. If he wasn't so good I would have a doula for sure. I would like to try a midwife the next time around, but I've been able to have the labors I want at a hospital with an MD, so it wouldn't be so bad if we ended up that route again.
I always wanted a doula but since I never had one I don't know if they are really as great as they seem. Remind me when you are due.
I did Hypnobirthing/babies with all of my kids so far. I like it. But what I really learned from the each experience the most was finding a great attending physician/midwife - that makes all the difference. My first (an OB) was great, my second (an OB) was horrible, my third (a midwife) was meh. You need someone who will genuinely listen to what you want, lay out options clearly, and not just do what she's used to doing out of habit instead of letting you be in charge and giving you a choice in how things go.
i'm interested in what others are saying. honestly i haven't even considered anything other than an obgyn... but its worked just fine for me so far so i guess that's why i'm good with sticking with it.
I've had great ob's with both of mine. Warner's birth was AMMAZING and the doc who delivered was seriously an angel. Best experience. I guess I'm with Megan in the fact that I haven't had a reason to look at the midwife route bc I've been satisfied with an ob. Plus, I never had the intent to avoid the epidural at all, and maybe midwives push for things more naturally? Have you had c-sections with the others then?
Well, I guess I missed the boat on this one but, I'd love to hear the birth story and what route you went as far as help goes. I hope it was wonderful!
Post a Comment