Friday, January 4, 2013

My friend Maureen recently tagged me on her blog to write about 5 wishes.  She didn't say that these were the only 5 wishes that I would ever get, or that the wishes would come true.  Since she's not a magic genie, I feel like I can wish for serious and not serious stuff, and not worry about the consequences.  Phew!

1.  I wish that I could stop worrying about things beyond my control.  I'm not a chronic worrier, but there are things that I think about more than I should- the health of my unborn baby, the safety of my kids as they go out into the world every day, car accidents, my sanity...  Well, that's not a very good list, but I fear things that are out of my control (although when I think of it, isn't everything basically out of my control?  Ahhh!)  I love Doctrine and Covenants, section 6 and often feel like it's speaking to me.  My favorite verse is verse 36:  "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  I'm working on it.

2.  I wish that I had a magical fairy or housecleaner to keep my home clean.  Or maybe I should wish for less stuff or to be less lazy or have kids that are super-motivated.  None of us are neat freaks around here, and it shows.  But if I had that fairy that did care, well, I'd be a lot happier.

3.  I wish that I were better at serving others.  I feel like I have so many friends that alleviate my pain and suffering, but I do nothing in return.  I guess this is one of those "go and do" wishes.

4.  I wish for more time to be creative.  Maybe if that cleaning fairy visited I'd have more time (but not the energy?) to do all of the things that are pushing in my brain to get made.

5.  I wish that I was better at playing with my kids.  I'm lucky to have such independent little rascals, but their childhood is slipping away, and I need to stop and play with them.  I guess I should be wishing for more energy for a lot of these wishes.  What am I, pregnant?

So there you go.  5 relatively selfish wishes.  The end!

2 comments:

Andrea J said...

Really like 2 Timothy 1:7 for similar reasons.

Katie said...

That D&C verse was my seminary theme one year in high school, "No Doubt"--great scripture!