When will my kids learn that food tastes better when it's warm? Well, not ice cream. Or water. I'll revise that: When will my kids learn that the chef (me) knows best and food tastes the best at the temperature that the chef says is best. Usually warm. These kids don't even get ice cream these days because they won't eat their dinner!
I'm sitting at a dinner table all by myself. My husband is gone to a dinner meeting.
Aside- honey? Did you eat your dinner? Was it warm? Maybe not the salad. I ate a lot of food. My son is sleeping in late from his nap (yes, it is 6:23. I do not have the willpower to get him up. See above-mentioned dinner meeting). My girls took one look at dinner and ran away crying. I do not have the willpower to cajole them to the table (again, the meeting. (Yes, Paul is the heavy around here (and he hates it) why do you ask?)).
Honestly, I don't know why I take pictures of food. This looks awful.
Let me tell you what we ate. I made this recipe from Martha Stewart for
lemon, parsley, prosciutto, egg bread boats. I think that this is destined to be a new brunch favorite and easy weeknight meal for the whole world. Basically, you hollow out a baguette, line it with prosciutto, then fill it up with scrambled eggs that will bake in the oven into a savory loaf. You can then slice it into pieces or eat half of the thing like me. Doesn't that sound like a great brunch? No one knows how to serve eggs to a crowd. Now they know. Thanks to me and Martha. If you make the recipe, don't bother dicing up the top and adding it in. That is silly. Instead, save your bread pieces for the roasted carrot salad also on the same page. But add more lemon juice. Okay? Trust the chef. Please trust me? No one else around here does!
4 comments:
I trust you. I am tired of my kids complaining about my cooking too. You can come cook for me any day!
Tuesday night dinner was the worst. I had to leave the table and go sit in my room to calm down. It's a difficult job we do mama.
Sillies. They should know by now what an awesome cook you are. I'm with Kerolann-- you can be my personal chef any time!
I trust you! That sounds delish! Although, I can see why it would not appeal to the girls :)
Post a Comment