Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Being Hard on Myself

I feel a little like I am losing my grip on life.  Today I said a lot of stupid things to people.  And why am I always acting so superior?  I'm not doing the right things to teach my kids, my home is messy as always, and tonight for dinner we had frozen pretzels from the dollar store that I tried to doctor up with turkey pepperoni and some cheese.  I'm sure that good things happened today too.  Actually, I know they did. But why is it so easy to focus on the negative instead of the positive?  And why do I say and do the things I do?

8 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

Well, you only said smart things to me and you planned a fun water park day adventure. 2 things that you should be very happy about today. And I think you're great. :)

happyfamily said...

I really liked the pretzels and wish there were more.

Rachel and Vico said...

But I actually like you

Rachel and Vico said...

And if it makes you feel any better I fed my daughter cheesecake for breakfast and my husband frozen pizza for dinner. :)

acandiedapple said...

I do that too. I always feel like I'm awkward or I don't say as much as I should, so people think I don't like them. Then when I do say something, it is often dumb. We could have the greatest conversations!

I think you're awesome. And deep down I think everyone feels awkward sometimes.

Jeannie said...

I yelled at 3 of my kids today before 8 AM, so you are definitely not as bad off as I am. Plus I think you're awesome anyway.

marymommy said...

Sar, you are wonderful and I am so grateful to be your mom. I sometimes wonder which of us is the mom, you take such good care of me!

kerith.is.disaster said...

guess what? i only like you because you say and do the things you do.
i love you always more most.
p.s. did you know that a.l.a.s.k.a. is having the most delightful summer so far?? just in case one was in need of a 'her awkwardnesses to pale in comparison to someone elses awkardnesses' visit...