Sunday, August 22, 2010

My friend pointed out this little test that you can take. I did this years ago, probably during the semester that I was majoring in psychology, but had mostly forgotten about Carl Jung until tonight. If you've been in highschool before, you've probably taken the Myers-Briggs test, which was based on Jung's test.

Anyway, if you read the wikipedia entry about Jung, linked above, you learn all sorts of interesting things. I'm not that solid on psychology as a science or a practice anymore- I did only major in it for a semester, as you know. But, it was interesting reading about Jung and his buddy Freud, and the way that they thought. I have a feeling that modern psychology is a little less "out there". Beats me. What you should take from this post is that I found the test to be accurate for myself, and I think that you should take it too and report back so that I can see if I have judged you correctly or not. mmmmkay?


This is me:
Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving

ISFP - "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 8.8% of total population.

6 comments:

Andrea J said...

I'm so rare and outstanding.

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

marymommy said...

I guess I would make a good puppy!

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Rachel said...

I remember taking this. I was ENFJ...but I was split on the J and P...but J won by a teeny bit. Woah, Andrea and I are the same! ;)

emmalily said...

Watch out!

"ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence."

Hmm...I don't think this is me.

Sarah said...

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

I think that means you should come visit so I can host you guys. :)

Jeannie said...

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

Though, career analysis speaking, I would HATE to be in sales of any kind!