Thursday, February 12, 2009

Torn

We visited my family in Hemet yesterday. As I was driving home on my favorite street in Hemet (Stetson) from dropping off my brother at early morning seminary, I realized that there are a lot of things that I missed about that place. The sun rising over the snow covered mountains creating streaks of pink in the cloudy sky created a perfect backdrop for the green hills below and the orange trees covered in oranges that surrounded me. Hemet isn't always this lovely, but after living city life for quite some time, I realize that I miss quiet, empty spaces, mountains, and family.

Although if I moved from here I sure would miss the beach.

5 comments:

Andrea J said...

Word. I thought the same thing as I was walking from my house to Lindy's this morning. 4th Street is so pretty, and at the intersections one need only look west and there is the ocean. Does a person have the right to ask for more?

Lindy said...

I agree... there are good things about all places, you just have to look for them and it's always easier to appreciate when you're not there all the time.

Jeannie said...

I totally know what you mean. If you guys ever moved there, we might consider doing the same. Maybe...

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Oh Hemet. I miss you too.

El-Heato said...

Although it is a lovely town, the Hemet I *really* miss is the two green Hemet shirts I need.