Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Awestruck

Yesterday at our music class, my friend's daughter- who just turned one and has been crawling for a few weeks- got on her feet like she was going to stand up. My friend just fell on the ground, awestruck by what her baby had accomplished. I've seen her do this before, and I like that she gets all swoony over what her kids do. I'm not sure what the whole range of emotions are that make her fall over- excitement, wonder, fear, pride, love... but I like the she has them, even for this, her second child. And it gives me hope that I will feel the same for my "second" that I feel for my "firsts". Children are pretty amazing.

4 comments:

Krause Crew said...

I can guess who you are talking about. ;) Anyway, you'll be just as proud of your second's firsts. It is fun to see how the second is different and will learn things at different times even though you are the same mom and use the same up-bringing style.

Krause Crew said...

I can guess who you are talking about. ;) Anyway, you'll be just as proud of your second's firsts. It is fun to see how the second is different and will learn things at different times even though you are the same mom and use the same up-bringing style.

Andrea J said...

I too think I know who you're talking about :) I have to point out that you very well know how to love two children already, and you'll be surprised how easy it will be to love a third. Also, the crazy chic that you were talking about went to her knees because she wanted to congratulate the child on her level, and then thought better and didn't interupt.

o charm said...

for sure you will feel the same excitement. in fact i think i enjoyed it more the second time around. i knew what to expect, i reveled in it more, i paid more attention. when are you due, anyway?