I haven't really been feeling it, blogwise, lately, so I apoligize for the lack of posts. Not that this will be any better, but at least it's something, right? Right?!
So I was visiting some friends from Chicago a few weeks ago. They were visiting California, and were staying with my friend's inlaws. We had a really wonderful visit with them. I miss them alot, and I was glad to get to see them and their new baby. While we were there a neighbor lady brought over a box with 5 baby bunnies inside. They were probably a month old. The kids were smitten with them. The girls wanted to hold the bunnies and the boys wanted to let the bunnies out to run around. My friend went inside with her kids, leaving her 2 year old outside with us to keep playing. He started punching the bunnies, so I told him to stop, that that isn't nice to the bunnies and it can hurt them. He was upset that I scolded him, and his grandma and neighbor lady started laughing at me. They both said at the same time, "Oh, he's a boy! You don't understand boys!"
Did I miss something here? I mean, I have noticed that boys will be... well, boys, I guess. They're pretty rambunctious in general, play differently than most girls, and want to do different things. I've noticed this even when parents (like this friend in particular) are so sweet and good, and teach their boys to be the very best. I just wonder why anyone should get away with punching the bunnies!
I told my friend, and she didn't like that he had punched the bunnies. The only weird thing is the reaction of the grandma and neighbor. Anyway, friend, I hope that you don't mind that I told this story. I think that you are the awesomest ever. Truly, you are someone I can always turn to for parenting advice, and for love and friendship in general. And he didn't even hurt those bunnies- it was just so... weird, you know?!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I guess my sometimes violent two-year old won't be anonymous anymore. After reading this I posted pictures of your gentle girls with the bunnies on my blog. Thanks again for coming to play. I don't know if the statement "boys will be boys" makes me feel hopeful or hopeless--either it isn't my fault that they don't listen, or they just won't listen to anything I say anyways. At least they offer entertainment.
I am glad you posted about the bunnies--I had forgotten it. I think you are the best mom ever!
funny story. kind of!
and i'm so glad i have girls!!!
("my girls would NEVER! . . ." :)
So is this something I get to look forward to? :) Hunter isn't quite to the punching stage yet. Boy oh boy...
Post a Comment