I know I say this alot (do I say it alot, or do I just think it alot?), but time flies. I am honestly one of those old ladies now. You know, the ones in the grocery store, who tell you to enjoy your children while they're young. Those old ladies are so disarming- catching you just as you put back the boxes of expensive fruit snacks in favor of the cheapie store brands- all while negotiating with your 3 year old. Anyway, I've become one of those old ladies. Enjoy your children while they're young, ladies. Because they just keep growing up! Behold:
Camille and Grace playing "royalty"
Laid back kindergarten graduation. Grace getting her "diploma"
And Camille
Standing in front of the raffled playhouse that miraculously ended up in the kindergarten play yard the last few weeks of school. EVERY little girl at the school wanted to win that raffle. I keep dreaming up ways to have a playhouse in our backyard now. Specifically this one.
We went to the kidspace museum with some pals a few weeks ago. I forgot how much water they have to play in there. Clark got completely soaked.
He also wore this bucket around. I'm not sure why.
Camille and Grace on the last day of school with their best pal Alyssa. This was kind of a tearjerker moment, looking through their folders of accomplishments, listening to them sing a song about moving to first grade. But, like the first day of school, I did not cry. Yes, I'm a big girl too.
Camille with her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Thomas.
Grace and Mrs. Thomas. We couldn't have had a better school year, or teacher.
Croissants that I made for father's day. It's a good thing that I'm not a food blogger, because my pictures always turn out terrible!
Although not as terrible as pictures of people eating my food. There's my dear husband. He really is a terrific dad.
It's summer vacation! The girls made a carnival for Clark while still wearing their pj's. I love having everyone home.
Treats.
Fishing game
I made a dress with some fabric that I bought in Paris. Some people buy new clothes in Paris, some people are dumb like me and buy material and patterns to make clothes. I think my priorities may be a little messed up.
Good thing that I'm not a craft or fashion blogger, or people would have to put up with pictures like this (oh, I made Clark's outfit too)...
...or this.

9 comments:
You are timeless. Seriously, that outfit in front of your house, amazing.
I love that dress and Clark's outfit! I also adore the idea of buying fabric in Paris. That just went on my bucket list.
The dress is fabulous! You are amazing. And you managed to make Clark's clothes before he outgrew the pattern! I like the shirt. :) I made Em throw pillows with that fabric. xx
Wish there had been such a thing as a blog when you guys were growing up - just maybe I would have chronicled all of your smiles and feats! (or perhaps it would have been like the thin journal entries that I actually ended up with!)
Wish there had been such a thing as a blog when you guys were growing up - just maybe I would have chronicled all of your smiles and feats! (or perhaps it would have been like the thin journal entries that I actually ended up with!)
That dress is amazing and i agree with other comments that you look great in it!
I also love the dress. And I can relate to your feelings. It's amazing how quickly one becomes an old lady. It's only been maybe two years or so since I stopped thinking I wasn't old enough to be a mom, and now I'm already feeling like you...that time flies and I can't believe my first few babies aren't even babies anymore.
Love the last pictures of Clark with the sunglasses and purse. Classic. And I promise that when Tommy turns 6 months-ish, I will stop wanting him to grow up so fast. :) Miss you, friend.
Love this whole post. And is Paul a secret artist? Why does he have a piece of artwork in the Air & Space Musem?! Do tell!!
Post a Comment