I hope that you are having a fun day today. Maybe you feel like me and you're about ready to get back to normal life. Enjoy your fun weekend, and then we get to be back together! Yay! We've been busy doing our usual Paris things- walking around and looking at stuff and eating food. Most of the food that we eat isn't very fancy, but even the normal foods here are better than the food that we have at home- like bread and chocolate. Some of them cost more, but they taste a lot better. Did you know that European candy bars, like kit kats and snickers have better chocolate than the ones in America? I think it's because Europeans just won't stand for blah foods the way Americans will. Next time we get a gross candy bar, I think that we should throw it in the street and shout, "I won't stand for this!" That'll show them.
Today we went to Versailles. It is a huge palace with enormous gardens. You really have no idea how enormous it is- we walked and walked and didn't see everything. I'll have to show you a map of how big it is. The grounds go for miles.
It's very fancy inside. Everything is marble and gold. This is the chapel where they had church.
Almost every room has the ceilings and walls painted. This is the ceiling in one of the rooms.
This is the "hall of mirrors". It's a very long fancy hall with mirrors on one side and windows on the other. It's where people could wait to meet with the king, who would be sitting WAY on the other end.
I liked this picture of Louis XV, who wanted a picture of how he could be a peaceful king. I don't know who the woman is in the right of the picture, but she seems to be holding baby twins. Go twins!
This is daddy. You can see behind him the extent of the gardens- huge fountains and lakes and paths as far as the eye can see.
Here's me in front of a fountain.
Looking back at the palace from the gardens.
Versailles is where we went today. Yesterday I went and walked around some more. I was looking for some special sugar to make those delicious waffles that we had from the food truck. While I was looking for the store, I turned down this street, which happened to have a huge church at the end of it. That's what I like about old cities- like Boston. You never know what strange thing will be around the corner!
Last night we went to the Luxembourg gardens, which is another former royal garden. Now it's a fun place for people to walk around and sit in the sun and play. There are a lot of fun things to see- my favorite were the fruit trees.
I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you soon!
Love, Maman et Papa
PS. Here is a picture of a room in Triannon, another house near the palace where the king and queen stayed sometime. It's so yellow!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing all your exciting trip updates with me too. You and Paris look beautiful!
how cute and nice that you are writing to your kids from Paris. you're the nicest mom ever.
Post a Comment