Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sometimes Even Clowns Need to Cry

I've been encouraging Clark to pick out his own clothes lately.  It has been nice having autonomy over how he dresses, since I can make him look the way I think is cool, but since his sisters were already dressing themselves at this age, I figured that it was time for him to learn some more skills.

Of course the problem with letting your children pick out their own clothes is the weird combinations that they come up with some pretty wild stuff.  My girls still have a strong sense of "personal style" (wonder where they get that from?) and it shows.

Today Clark chose "clown costume" for his clothes after much deliberation.  He finally got dressed and came out to find a smoothie already made for him.  This upset him because he likes to hand pick the frozen fruit that goes into his smoothie, so he had a tantrum for about 15 minutes about it.  When we pointed out that clowns don't cry- that their purpose is to make other people laugh, he pouted, "but if they had a problem, then clowns could cry!"  You can't argue with that logic.  And he got his laugh without even meaning to.

No comments: