Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ask the Economist

We're starting a new series here on the Happy Family blog called "Ask the Economist".  Do you have a question about economic terminology?  Perhaps you took Econ 101 three times and failed- surely all of those terms are stuck somewhere in the back of your head- but what exactly do they mean?  Our in-house economist has the answers to all of your questions, and will explain them in layman's terms.  Leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail and we'll get our new series under way.

6 comments:

Andrea J said...

I always forget that about you. Interesting that we both married people who got As in stuff we stunk at. I would suggest that Spencer stinks at getting emotional and loud - things that I'm really good at!

Rachel and Vico said...

My question is what is the best way to invest money short term? By short term I mean for several months or a few years.

El-Heato said...

My question is, how many people hear that you are an Economist and decide to take your lunch money?

El-Heato said...

Never mind. I looked it up. It is 2n less than the number of people who decide to take your lunch money when they find out you are a computer nerd, where n is the number of people in the room.

happyfamily said...

Sean,
Yes. Who IS the greater nerd? I'm sure that you get asked tech support questions all the time because you work with "computers". Paul's #1 quesetion is, "when is the economy going to get better", followed by, "oh, so you're like that Bernanke Guy" although it used to be Greenspan.

Jeannie said...

My question is: when will people stop using the phrase "In this economy..." that we usually hear in response to things like how the job market is doing, or how difficult it is to buy a house? It's getting old.