Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snack Party

We don't really watch the Super Bowl (...no tv...), but Paul has requested Super Bowl snacks.

Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Rachel and Vico said...

okay, that's hilarious

Andrea J said...

I agree, that is very telling of your clan. Rotel tomatoes and velveeta cheese w/ tortillas is standard delish fair. 7 layer dip is a personal favorite. We're having hummus and veggies.

Andrea J said...

Oh and artichoke dip. I'm hungry by the way.

acandiedapple said...

I like Andrea's idea of 7 layer dip and hummus and veggies. Maybe you could get some IBC root beer to go with it.

happyfamily said...

Andrea and Cami-
You are too healthy. It's superbowl food, for pete's sake!

Here's what I have so far:

Drip Beef Sandwiches
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/drip-beef-two-ways/

Bacon wrapped jalapenos
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/

Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed apricots (for people that can't do hot (the rest of the family))

velveeta cheese dip with chips (not a joke)

These cookies:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/PrintRecipe?RID=118&radio=1

IBC rootbeer

That is all. Maybe some carrots too.

Kerolann said...

Can I come to your super bowl party? I prefer them without the football anyways. I will bring the guacamole.

marymommy said...

I can't come, but wish I could. It sounds d-lish! Love you, have fun!

Jeannie said...

Your menu sounds fantastic.

My picks: super nachos (blue corn chips, cheese, black beans, green onions, guac, tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream), potato skins (or twice baked could work, too), bruschetta with tomato, basil, and balsamic vinegar...

How cruel to post such things on Fast Sunday!

q-bella said...

I shouldn't have read the suggestions. Now I am hungry, and want all unheathy food.