Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Fine Specimine

Today while talking with my friend who is sick I told her that she sounded like a man. It's not a very nice thing to tell your friend that she sounds like a man (unless, perhaps, your friend is a pre-pubescent boy) so as a pennance, I present to you a self-depricating story of a time when I was sick.

I worked at McDonald's when I was 16. And 17. And 18. It was one of the many jobs that I held in Hemet, and I was glad to have it, as jobs there are scarce. The greasy steam in the air did wonders for my acne. I was the drive-thru girl. I had a cold one night (this didn't prevent them from wanting me to work, of course- tomorrow I will tell you a grosser and more embarassing story about that) and after I took the person's order, the man's voice on the other end of the speaker said, "Girl, you have a beautiful voice. You must be fine." I don't think that the 16 year old Sarah could be considered fine by many people, but I certainly did not match this man's description of "fine".

2 comments:

Andrea J said...

Girl, you know you fine.

Rachel and Vico said...

ha ha! groundhog day :)