Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What Are You? Three?

Tonight I had to remove a bead from Camille's nose. With a fine-gauge knitting needle. And a flashlight. I don't know what I would have done if the impacted object hadn't had a gargantuan hole running through it- perfect for fine-gauge knitting needles.

Since nothing like this has ever happened before, I was very surprised that I then had to give the "no putting anything in your noses or ears or anywhere else or else you won't be so lucky next time and we'll have to take you to the hospital and the doctor will have to take it out or you'll have to have surgery maybe" speech. Guess I should have said that sooner, but there's something in the power of suggestion- I thought I could avoid the inevitable all along.

6 comments:

Krause Crew said...

We have been there. I think Megan was that age, just turned three. The fun things moms have to do.

Jeannie said...

That reminds me of the story about when April (I think, or was it Eliza??) shoved a carrot in her nose and Steve and Kyrsten COULD NOT get it out. Seems you guys were luckier!

Kerolann said...

It is a good thing you knit--I wouldn't have the appropriate tools for removing a bead from a nose. Your girls sure are lucky to have such a crafty mom!

Katie said...

Yikes! Knitting to the rescue. :) Jordan made it through babyhood without stuffing anything in her nose. The other day Claire stuffed a light brite thingy up her nose. Pointed end up and thank goodness she blew more than she sniffed. I was very worried but Barrett was here and remained calm and pulled it out.

Rachel said...

hahaha!!
Sorry but that image is SOOOOO funny!!

Sarah said...

Yikes! Scary! And, for future reference, I read on the Gelwix's blog that you can act as if you were going to perform CPR. Pinch the nostril that doesn't have the item in it, and blow through her mouth. Worked for Lucy. :) Hope you don't have to use that tip. :)